Evidence-Based DIY Mental Health Resources for Entrepreneurs & Creatives
Being a creator can be a rollercoaster. The highs are high, the lows are low, and there is a constant sense of being different, which can lead to profound loneliness. Below are a few resources to help you on that journey.
Meditation can be profound if you dig in. My favorite meditation app is Headspace because it takes you beyond pop-psychology and teaches you why mindfulness helps and how to do it.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
This is an incredible, free resource from the Government of Western Australia and it is full of research-based mental health protocols using cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). It's not for everyone, but it can be a wonderful supplement.
National Suicide Prevention Hotline
Crisis Text Line
Text HOME to:
741741 (US & Canada)
I help executives, founders, and creatives clarify their next steps.
I am a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) and provide coaching and therapy for founders and creatives.
I’ve been an entrepreneur, an aid worker, an advertising executive, and a professional athlete. I’ve moved 15 times, broken 16 bones, had two kids, and failed spectacularly on multiple occasions.
Here’s what I’ve learned: change is inevitable, yet unexpected. If you’re considering a change, in the midst of one, or in need of one, I’m here to help you navigate it with more clarity, joy, and humanity.
I work with Entrepreneurs, Creatives, and Artists.
A snapshot of my coaching clients:
- How can I manage the high levels of stress and pressure that come with my role while maintaining my well-being?
- Am I effectively balancing my professional responsibilities with my personal life and overall happiness?
- What steps can I take to prevent burnout and maintain a healthy work-life integration while still achieving professional success?
- How can I effectively manage the stress and pressure that comes with running my own business?
- Am I taking enough time for self-care and maintaining a healthy work-life balance?
- How can I effectively deal with the uncertainty and constant challenges that come with entrepreneurship without it affecting my mental health?
- What can I do to improve my focus, concentration, and overall productivity?
- How can I manage feelings of imposter syndrome and maintain self-confidence?
- I feel like I'm on an island. Where can I get support when I don't know any other entrepreneurs?
- How do I make wise decisions, knowing each has significant opportunity costs?
- What leadership styles will work best for my team?
- How can I navigate the emotional highs and lows that come with the creative process while maintaining stability?
- How can I still be creative now that I'm a manager?
- How can I overcome creative blocks and find inspiration when I feel stuck or unmotivated?
- What strategies can I employ to manage self-doubt, imposter syndrome, and other negative thoughts that may hinder my creative progress?
- How can I establish healthy boundaries with clients, collaborators, or colleagues to protect my mental and emotional well-being?
- How can I embrace vulnerability in my creative work while also protecting my emotional boundaries?
Get 1:1 coaching from a mental health professional who has been there.
Contact me or schedule 15 minute conversation to see if we'd be a good fit for each other.